Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Where the heck is Gramat, France?


After battling Paris traffic we were finally able to make it on the autoroute and enjoy the 130 km/h posted speed limit. Our GPS began working and we headed South. After logging some hours on the road we found ourselves in Gramat in the Midi-Pyrenees. After taking some spy photos of the Micheline guide at the gas station, we had a hotel picked out and were ready to settle in for the night. We plan to visit Rocamadour in the morning before heading to our yet to be determined destination. Maybe Bordeaux, perhaps San Sebastian/Bilboa in Spain -- our original destination. Lesson learned today; don't be dependent on the GPS unit for the speed limit and when the speed cameras are about to approach. During a moment of weakness I looked left at the village clinging to the hillside, the GPS unit died, the speed dropped to 110 km/h and voila, a speed camera. Likely my first, but not last, speeding ticket. At least the guide selected hotel offers free wifi ... unfortunately I lost my plug adapter .. monitor dimming quickly ... a la prochaine.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having an interesting drive to Spain....We are glad that your GPS started working.....but too bad about the speeding ticket...Oh well as you say ...a lesson learned!
    Drive safe and enjoy the rest of your trip. We look forward to your Friday posting!

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guys!!!
    I actually did it! I posted a comment under Anonymous .. and it worked! I guess there is hope for me yet. The morale of my lesson is... "if at first you don't succeed try... try again!"
    So Ron, you weren't the only one who learned a lesson today... I'm determined to get the gist of how this "blog" communication system works and try to keep pace with this modern day technology! Aren't you proud of me!!!!

    Take care and drive safe....and as I always say....Don't forget to let me know when you get to your next destination!! Look forward to more postings tomorrow!!

    Love Mom Scott

    ReplyDelete